Microsoft and Red Hat have announced the general availability of Azure Red Hat OpenShift in India to fuel hybrid cloud development in the country. Co-engineered with Red Hat, Azure Red Hat OpenShift brings the industry’s leading Kubernetes platform on Microsoft Azure.
Azure Red Hat OpenShift enables organizations to use Red Hat OpenShift in their data centers and extend workloads to use the power and scale of Azure services. Businesses can expand resources with public cloud infrastructure while maintaining existing on-premises investments.
The partnership allows Microsoft to provide a production-ready public cloud foundation that will help businesses in India to create a hybrid environment that meets their current as well as future business needs, including agility, scalability, and efficiency.
Azure Red Hat OpenShift offers:
- Fully managed clusters with master, infrastructure and application nodes managed by Microsoft and Red Hat without the need of virtual machines. Patching, upgrading, repair, disaster recovery and proactive 24/7 management are all included
- Regulatory compliance certifications similar to other Azure services
- Enhanced flexibility to more freely move applications from on-premise environments to the Azure public cloud via the consistent foundation of Red Hat OpenShift.
- Greater speed to connect to Azure services to leverage other Azure capabilities from the customer’s OpenShift cluster
- Ability to scale on your own terms: Use on-demand pricing, or reserved instances, whichever best meets the need of your workload and business and scale globally.
- The Microsoft ecosystem of GISV partners: an ecosystem of ISV partners at a global scale, breaking down cost barriers to enterprise-class solutions.
- Extended productivity with easier access to Azure public cloud services such as Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Machine Learning and Azure SQL DB for building the next-generation of cloud-native enterprise applications.
Azure Red Hat OpenShift is jointly operated and supported by the two companies and customers will have the integrated experience, including unified sign-up, on-boarding, service management, and technical support.