How to Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10
This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277.
The Action Center in Windows 10 has personalized quick actions at the bottom, which get you to your most-used settings and apps instantly. For example, to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings, Connect, Display, Location, Note, Quiet hours, Tablet Mode, VPN, and Wi-Fi.
Users can choose quick actions in Settings to show at the bottom of their Action Center.
This tutorial will show you how backup and restore the chosen quick actions in Action Center for your account in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Backup your Chosen Quick Actions in Action Center
- Option Two: To Restore your Chosen Quick Actions in Action Center
EXAMPLE: Action Center Quick Actions
To Backup your Chosen Quick Actions in Action Center
The downloadable .bat file below will export the registry key below to a .reg file on your desktop as a backup of your quick actions.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelQuick ActionsPinned
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.
3. Unblock and run the .bat file.
4. A Action_Center_quick_actions-backup.reg file will now be created on your desktop. This .reg file is your quick actions backup.
To Restore your Chosen Quick Actions in Action Center
1. Reset your quick actions to default.
2. Double click/tap on the Action_Center_quick_actions-backup.reg file created from Option One above to merge it.
3. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
4. Restart explorer or sign out and sign in to apply.