Battery Mode replaces Windows default battery indicator to a more powerful and useful one. It provides backlight control, easy power scheme selection, detailed battery information and a lot of handy features for customization. Works on Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10.
Advanced Power Scheme Selection
- Battery Mode allows you to change current power scheme right from the battery popup window.
- Unlike the standard popup in Windows 7-8.1, Battery Mode provides a full list of power schemes available on your system.
- You can setup a schedule to change power scheme automatically.
Comfortable Backlight Control
- You can use Battery Mode to control backlight on both internal and external monitors.
- Note: External monitors should support I2C interface and DDC/CI standard to work.
- Check the «Fixed screen brightness» option to prevent backlight level from changing when attaching power supply or changing power scheme.
- Brightness icon near backlight slider allows you to enable or disable «Adaptive brightness» (if your device support it).
Hotkeys for Power Users
- Battery Mode provides a customizable hotkey to change a power scheme without opening it's window.
- You can use NextScheme.exe utility to switch power scheme or control backlight in you scripts.
- Type NextScheme*.exe -? in command prompt to get help – NextScheme Documentation.
- Battery Mode source code is now open and available on GitHub https://github.com/tarcode-apps/BatteryMode
- Added icon styles Windows XP and Windows Vista by tora_cat_man
- Updated Japanese localization
- Added a setting to display current monitor brightness in Battery Mode tray icon popup (#13)
- Added a setting to use the white icon for a balanced power scheme instead of the yellow one (#14)
- Added "File" menu to Settings window which allows you to export/import Battery Mode configuration
- Use overlay schemes to determine battery charge percent color in tray icon if classic schemes are disabled
- You can now select "Redetect monitors" as the link to be displayed at the bottom of Battery Mode window (#11)
- Improved support for classic and high contrast themes (#8)
- Fixed a bug that caused Battery Mode window to become unresponsive when clicking on tray icon while Windows 10 Start Menu or Notification Center are active
- You can now configure monitor detection delay. Adjust this setting if you encounter issues with monitors not being detected
- Battery Mode will now automatically rescan monitors after your PC wakes from sleep
- Added a setting to make Battery Mode reapply selected brightness value to given monitor after it (or you PC) wakes up from sleep. This may be useful for monitors that forget or reset their brightness settings after waking up from sleep. This may also allow you to change brightness while using sRGB profile on certain monitor models
Battery Mode 188.8.131.52 changelog:
Added Italian localization by bovirus
Added Korean localization by VenusGirl