Microsoft recently launched Bot Framework Composer, an open-source tool for visual bot development, and although it has been available on GitHub for a while now, Microsoft shared more information about it at Ignite 2020.
The Bot Framework Composer is a visual authoring canvas for developers and multidisciplinary teams to build bots and integrates language understanding services such as LUIS and QnA Maker. It makes it easier to build skills for use within the Virtual Assistant Solution Accelerator or directly within Power Virtual Agents to build a skill and extend a Power Virtual Agent bot.
- Virtual Agents to build a skill and extend a Power Virtual Agent bot.
- A visual editing canvas for conversation flows
- Tools to author and manage language understanding (NLU) and QnA components
- Powerful language generation and templating system
- A ready-to-use bot runtime executable
The tool is built with the latest features of the Bot Framework SDK and allows building sophisticated conversational experiences. The Composer's functionality can be customized and extended through plugins, including features such as authentication, storage, and publishing.
The Bot Framework Composer is available as a desktop application for Windows, Mac, and Linux as well as a web-based component on GitHub.