Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 80.12 changelog:
- Reworked UI transitions to use new fps-based animation code, a change back-ported from the "R81 preview" channel. See here for details.
- Fixed an issue with housekeeping of email alert recipient list. More specifically, in a presence of "alerts.email.cc" override, the CC list would grow by a copy of that override value on every program's restart. This was because the program didn't check for duplicates when initializing a list of CC emails. While this was actually an expected behavior, it wasn't a very good one. So from now on any duplicates are discarded.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware