How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10
Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, Microsoft added settings that let you to view and manage your activity history, which Cortana uses to let you pick up where you left off.
Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your activities, Windows needs to collect your PC activity.
This tutorial will show you how to clear the collected activity history from the cloud for your account’s TimeLine in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Clear Your Activity History in Windows 10 Settings
- Option Two: To Clear Your Activity History from Online Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
To Clear Your Activity History in Windows 10 Settings
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.
2. Click/tap on Activity history on the left side, and click/tap on the Clear button under Clear activity history on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)
4. You will now see a check mark next to the Clear button indicating that your account history has been cleared. (see screenshot below)
5. You can now close Settings if you like.
To Clear Your Activity History from Online Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history site at Microsoft, and sign in with your Microsoft account (MSA) if you’re not already signed in.
2. Select the Apps and services, Voice, Search, Browse, Media, or Locations data type you want to clear your activity from, and click/tap on the Clear activity link. (see screenshot below)
You can click/tap on the Delete link of an individual activity to only delete specific activities instead.
3. Click/tap on Clear to confirm. (see screenshot below)
4. When finished clearing your activity history from any other data type group, you can close your Privacy Dashboard webpage.