How to Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10
To change your accent color in Windows 10, you can either select from Windows colors, a custom color, or let Windows automatically pick an accent color from your background.
Starting in Windows 10 build 15002, a Recent colors history feature was added for you to be able to see and select from your last five color choices.
If you like, you can clear your recent colors history without changing your current accent color.
This tutorial will show you how to clear your recent colors history to reset it back to default for your account in Windows 10.
The downloadable .reg file below will delete the registry key below to clear and reset your recent colors history.
EXAMPLE: Recent colors
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
5. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.