You can choose an account picture in Windows 10 to be associated with your user account (local and Microsoft) that you will see whenever you sign in to your PC and on your Start menu. You can use one of your own favorite photos for an account picture, or use an app to create or edit one. And if you have a webcam, you can take a picture or create a video clip.
This tutorial will show you how to create or download an Account Picture shortcut that opens directly to ‘Your account’ in Settings to quickly change your account picture as you like in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Download an "Account Picture" Shortcut
- Option Two: To Manually Create an "Account Picture" Shortcut
EXAMPLE: Account Picture in ‘Your account’ Settings
To Download an "Account Picture" Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .zip file..
4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
5. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
To Manually Create an "Account Picture" Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Account Picture for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or press and hold on the new Account Picture shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
If you like, you could click/tap on the Download button you want below to download a .zip file to Unblock and use a custom 256 pixel User.ico file for this shortcut’s icon instead.
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)
9. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.