Debotnet is a free and portable tool for controlling Windows 10's many privacy-related settings and keep your personal data private.
The Windows 10 default privacy settings leave a lot to be desired when it comes to protecting you and your private information. Whenever I set up a new computer or update a current setup for my family or job, I always carefully go through the privacy settings for each install, making sure to lock it down to make it as private as possible.
Windows 10 has raised several concerns about privacy due to the fact that it has a lot of telemetry and online features, which send your data (sensitive and not) to Microsoft and can't be disabled. Most of it seems pretty legit stuff when telemetry is set to basic. If you don't trust them, Debotnet can help you to prevent Windows 10 from sending your data to Microsoft.
The most important features at a glance
- Disable telemetry and online features, which send your data (sensitive and not) to Microsoft
- Choose which unwanted functions you wish to disable
- Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps
- Debotnet will show you what it's doing. You have full control, because the executing code can be viewed in a simple text editor
- Debug mode. E.g. the Test mode lets you see which values are twisted in registry or commands executed
- Simple scripting engine for adding custom privacy rules
- Scripts updated on GitHub
- Modern and familiar UI, with template support
- Small footprint. No installation required. Portable
- 100% Free Software (CC BY 4.0)
Debotnet 0.5.4 changelog:
Added "RequireAdmin" parameter, whichs shows a ToolTip over "Run" scripts button with information whether elevated rights are required to peform actions
Optimized naming in bloatware category (Removed caption "Remove" before app title) NOTE! You should remove the old scripts directory before overwriting with this package, otherwise you will have double entries – with and without "Remove" in script title – inside the scripts folder.
Optimized "Show selected only" (Categories will also be listed)
Added script to "Disable app notifications"
Renamed script "Removing Telemetry (Advanced)" > "Disable Telemetry (Advanced)"
Renamed script "Removing Scheduled tasks (Advanced)" > "Disable Scheduled tasks (Advanced)"
Fixed referrer issues due to server migration of mirinsoft.com
Optimized update function
Minor UI Improvements