Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 85.0:
- Firefox now protects you from supercookies, a type of tracker that can stay hidden in your browser and track you online, even after you clear cookies. By isolating supercookies, Firefox prevents them from tracking your web browsing from one site to the next.
- It’s easier than ever to save and access your bookmarks. Firefox now remembers your preferred location for saved bookmarks, displays the bookmarks toolbar by default on new tabs, and gives you easy access to all of your bookmarks via a toolbar folder.
- The password manager now allows you to remove all of your saved logins with one click, as opposed to having to delete each login individually.
- Various security fixes.
- Firefox no longer supports Adobe Flash. There is no setting available to re-enable Flash support.
- Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in the latest version of Firefox. You can see more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 85 Release Notes.
- Developer Information
- CSS: We have added support for the :focus-visible pseudo class.
- It's possible to prettify JS expressions in Console source code Editor (available in multiline mode) using a new toolbar button.
Note: Firefox 85.0.1 changelog is not yet available.
Download: Firefox 85.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 85.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox 85.0.1 for MacOS | 124.0 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes