Windows 10 is no doubt an excellent operating system but annoys with different issues at the same time. After upgrading to the version, many users inform to encounter Intel optane memory pinning error 0x8007007.
The stop code indicates that the extension failed to access iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll correctly. Generally, after installing a major update, Windows re-establishes all system devices along with drivers. But, there might be an instance when the process becomes crooked and break down while copying the .DLL file consecutively system leaves it half installed.
Intel optane Memory pinning error 0x8007007
Here is how to fix Intel optane Memory pinning error 0x8007007 in Windows 10 –
1] Modify Intel optane Memory extension
Easiest way to solve error 0x8007007 is repairing the extension which will hardly take 1 minute of yours. Steps are as followed –
- Press Win+I and choose Apps.
- Move to the right pane and keep scrolling until you find Intel optane Pinning Explorer Extensions.
- After getting the same, click on it and hit Modify button.
- The screen will have a quick flash and hopefully, Intel optane Memory pinning error will go away.
2] Uninstall the software component driver
As we said, the system may drop the installation of Intel Pinning Shell Extensions halfway, therefore, uninstall the faulty driver. Subsequently, a restart of the device, Windows 10 will automatically install a fresh version of the same.
- Click on taskbar search and type devmgr.
- Click on Device Manager from the appearing result.
- Reach out to Software components and double-click on the same to expand it.
- Make a right-click on “IntelÂ® Pinning Shell Extensions” from the list and then choose Uninstall device.
- On the resultant dialog, make sure Delete the driver software for this device is checked click on Uninstall.
- In the end, Restart Windows 10 device.
3] Remove Intel optane Pinning explorer extension
In case, none of the above methods work to fix Intel optane Memory pinning error 0x8007007, uninstall the extension. Here’s how –
- Press Win+R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run command box.
- Click on OK.
- Find Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions and select the same.
- Hit Uninstall from top ribbon.
- If another pop-up becomes visible for final confirmation, give consent.
- System may ask to restart your PC. Instead of doing so, go back to Program and Features window and take a look if any software associated with Intel Optane still exists. In case of having any, uninstall them properly and then reboot the device.
- Thereafter, you can go to manufacturer website to get the latest version of Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions.