Did you also face INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error in Windows 10? This issue having bug check value 0x00000131 makes the OS automatic restart continuously without any notable reason. Moreover, it also freezes the desktop, not allowing the users to access the device. Being originated from both software and hardware troubles, this Blue screen of death issue causes unparalleled damages to Windows.
INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD in Windows 10 mainly occurs because of outdated and poor quality device drivers. Exploring the reasons, infection from malware, missing DLL files, deleting system components, badly allocated memory devices, having similar programs in the system came forward. In addition, from the hardware side, piling up of unnecessary components jamming the Disk, running lack of space, bad sector present are responsible as well. You might see lots of weird warning texts once attempt to start a program or end it. Before this notorious bug takes control over the device fully, we need to step forward. Today we will discuss some amazing ways resolving this error easily.
INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE in Windows 10 Solutions
Here is how to fix INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD in Windows 10 –
Block Automatic Restarting of Windows
The first thing we really need to do is to halt Windows 10 from rebooting as it is daunting most. It won’t be surprising as this workaround will not heal but definitely make then proper way out for others to be executed. Here is how to block the Automatic Restarting –
- Move ahead to Desktop prior to saving any ongoing process by pressing Win+D together.
- When in the Desktop area, make a right-click on This PC icon from here and also choose Properties from the available menu.
- After the new System window is visible, do a click on “Advanced system settings” option located at the left wing.
- Moving to the popup wizard of System Properties, enter into its Advanced tab.
- Here, move the pointer slightly down and do a click on Settings located in the Startup and Recovery region.
- A new wizard will unroll immediately and you need to reach it System failure area first.
- Once there, remove the checkmark from box ahead of Automatically restart.
- Finally, perform a click on the Ok button from the bottom and leave the wizard later on.
Make the Old drivers updated in Device Manager
In the Device Manager, the outdated drivers are indicated with Yellow indication mark. This will be easier to understand who is playing a big role in causing INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE. We can expect that, after updating these, there will be no more issues. Give it a try following below steps-
Step-1: Move the pointer to Start Menu and do a right click on it upon reaching.
Step-2: Once the Win+X menu appears, select Run.
Step-3: In the text box given here, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter key.
Step-4: Device Manager will be opened immediately and just have a close look for an exclamation mark in the console.
Step-5: If have any, select that very device and expand it in the process.
Step-6: Now, make a right click on the problematic driver and select the option namely Update driver.
Step-7: The next movement will be in accordance with visible instruction provided by the system itself.
Step-8: Do all these and update these drivers eventually to get rid of INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD.
Perform Installation of All the Available Update Patches
Major patches including cumulative updates are full packages with the latest features and fixes for various bugs and problems. If you keep these pending, will definitely miss out many things. An outdated Windows OS is slightly weaker and prone to allow BSOD bugs inside. Therefore, now we will install these patches in the following method. However, kindly ensure you have connected the device with good internet connection such as “Ethernet or Wi-Fi“. You can also try from Mobile data but need to disable the “Metered connection” first. Here is the instruction to follow-
After the Operating System is up to date, there might not be any issues further.
Make a habit of Regular Malware Scanning in Windows Security
Nowadays, you cannot really trustfully on the web as there might always be a virus or malware attack. When these bugs get a chance to enter into the system, they play with system elements. In the process, some of the very important things get removed and the device run in INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD. We can make a habit of checking and removing these viruses in Windows Security app to avoid deadly sequences. See the process below-
Make the Proper use of Windows Blue Screen Troubleshooter
Windows 10 is by far the most successful Operating System that Microsoft has brought in front. To make it more categorized, Windows Blue Screen Troubleshooter is included to fight with BSOD issues. If your Operating System is a Windows 10 Fall Creators update or above, can use this handy tool to dismiss the error effectively. Here is how to use the utility-
This utility upon activation will fix BSOD issues present in the system automatically and you can have an error-free device afterward.
Perform the Basic Treatment for all problems- Boot in Safe Mode
Starting from the ancient Windows days till today, booting in Safe Mode came up strong to fight against all critical issues. BSOD error growing fast and causing huge damages hence, we can try this primitive resolution process. The Steps is as follows-
Step#1: Open the Run dialog box by pressing “Win+R” hotkeys together.
Step#2: Upon the arrival of the Run dialog, type msconfig in the text box available here.
Step#3: Once you hit Enter key, the System Configuration window will be visible on display.
Step#4: Shift to its Boot tab and reach to the second half in the window read as Boot options.
Step#5: Make a check mark on Safe Boot which will eventually activate all the grayed out options here.
Step#6: Choose the radio button before Minimal and continue to move downward.
Step#7: Hit the Apply button first and then Ok to save these changes for next task.
Step#8: Restart Windows 10 PC and after completing the first cycle of rebooting process, continuously press F8 keys until the next page comes in.
Step#9: Moving ahead select Safe Mode option located under in Advanced boot options region.
Step#10: Enter into the Safe Mode on the consequent move.
Uninstall is the only Barrier between similar apps to block staying over
Two or more similar types of programs when in conflict with each other forces a few necessary OS elements to drive away. To stop this harmful act, removing one is the key. We can uninstall an app very easily using the below guidelines.
- Manage to open the Run dialog on display using the above process.
- In the text box provided, type appwiz.cpl and hit the Ok button located under it.
- Programs and Features window will sharply be seen on screen and you can see all the installed apps listed here.
- Reach out to the programs colliding and causing INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD and select each.
- Choose the Uninstall option available in the upper ribbon to start the removal.
- If UAC prompts for approval, give consent by clicking Yes.
- When these programs are uninstalled completely, restart Windows to save in registry.
- Upon returning to Desktop afterward, check if there are any issues present.
- If the error resolves successfully, install the app again if you feel necessary.
DISM Tool- the one-shot solution for defective Windows Image Files
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool come handy in case of dreadful Windows image files causing INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD. Therefore, we can execute it immediately in the elevated Command Prompt. See the method down below-
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
In a moment the tool will start checking for problematic Windows image files and also fix them automatically. You might get rid of the INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD in Windows 10.
Never Spare Memory issues and RAM problems unattended, fix in Windows Memory Diagnostic
The dreadful segment in Random Access Memory, the wrong allocation will cause lots of issues including BSOD errors. Windows has the own memory diagnostic tool to help the user in this regard. Launch this utility issues below guidelines and fix these problems.
- Manage the entry to Windows Settings app by pressing Win+I hotkeys combined.
- In the app area, there is a text box for searching provided and you need to type memory here.
- After the dialog appears “Diagnose your computer’s memory problems”, select it in the first place.
- Windows Memory Diagnostic once open, select “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)”.
- Windows will straightway complete the first cycle of rebooting process with the command.
- When heading back to the desktop, you will come across a blue screen detecting memory problems.
- The progress rate will be shown in percentage and after it reaches 100%, Windows will restart for the second time.
- After the cycle is completed, you can find the report of the diagnosis in the Notification area located in System Tray.
After all the memory issues resolved, we can expect there will be no BSOD error in your system.
System File Checker- your best friend in System Component corruption
Sfc /scannow command line converted into System File Checker on Elevated Prompt and serve the best in fixing corrupted system components. It also recovers DLL files missing from Windows in the process, can heal INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD quickly. To proceed with the resolution, follow the below steps-
When you hit Enter key, the System File Checker will be activated and detect all the corruptions in system components. Detected issues will be resolved automatically as well. In the process, you can also get rid of INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD in Windows 10.
Bade Farewell to Free Third-Party Anti-virus solution
This is impractical to use a third party anti-malware program while you have the default Windows Security. This will have no use and furthermore, using some can bring INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD as well. Hence, remove these from the system by following these instructions.
- Get access to Windows Settings app using any of the guidelines shown above.
- Being in the interface, select the Apps and unveil its additional setting page.
- Once transferred to the page, select Apps & features located at the left pane and straightway jump to the corresponding wing.
- On the right, after all the apps loaded successfully, reach out the third party anti-virus program.
- Select it and afterward, hit Uninstall from the elongated pane.
- Once User Account Control Asks for approval, select Yes to proceed.
- Perform the next move as shown on display until it is removed completely.
System Restore- the easiest way to Undo all wrong changes
Changes done on Windows by installing an app or uninstalling something will cause the registry to tweak. If anything goes, either way, this will also cause INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD. So, if that happens in your device, can jump back to the earlier state performing the System Restore. Guidelines are as follows-
Drive away the problematic Windows Update Files
Windows Updating process done through the Settings app is an autonomous task. There should not be a disruption in the process but when happens, can call INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD. In such cases, we have to throw these files away immediately before they cause harm. You can easily remove them following the below steps.
- Roll the pointer to left bottom corner of Desktop and do a click on it.
- Start menu upon spreading up, select Gear cog and open the Windows Settings app.
- From the interface, head to Update & Security tile and eventually make a click on it.
- Shifting ahead to the following window, select the Windows Update from the left side and jump in the sideward pane.
- Here, do a click on View update history link and unroll all the past update patches.
- From this page, perform a click on Uninstall updates link available here.
- By default, you will be directed to Installed Updates page from Control Panel.
- Here, reach out to the recently received patch in the list and hit a right click on the same.
- Choose Uninstall option and follow the on-screen dialogs until these get removed properly.
Let the Disk Cleanup Utility offer you more Disk Space
If you are running in low disk space, the functionality of the device is deteriorated and also INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD rises up. Disk Cleanup Utility can free up junk accumulated in the system and some of the spaces can be retrieved. You can go through below process and free up space.
This process might take a few minutes, don’t cancel it and let it end normally. After the process ends, Restart the device and when signing back next, see if the error exists.
Execute Disc Checking Utility in Elevated Command Prompt and fix bad areas in Hard Disk
If there are any bad areas present in the Hard Disk, malfunctions will be there always. In worst cases, it might cause INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD also. Disk Checking Utility can fix it in the shortest possible time. Follow the below instruction to fix these areas–
- Get access to the Elevated Command Prompt using any of the above guidelines.
- Type in or copy-paste the below-mentioned syntax at the base of winking cursor and hit the Enter key.
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
- Disk Checking Utility will immediately rise up and fix the poor areas in the Hard Disk volume. Here, we have used a few more notations for different purposes like –
C: – Drive we have installed the Windows. You can change it to E:. F: or any as per you have used.
f- forces the utility to fix the detected issues in the volume.
r- brings ahead the problematic areas present in the volume.
x- splits up the Disk Volume before the process begin.
This is a long process and might take several minutes to complete. Once done, Restart the device and after head back to operation, later on, check for the error in the system.
Disconnect the Additional Hard Drive and give a break before reconnecting
Nowadays, we usually need an additional Hard Drive to store more files, study materials, entertainment elements. Some people discovered BSOD error in the system after they have used extra HDD. The solution is pretty simple, just disconnect temporarily and reconnect them using below guidelines.
So far we have discussed the workarounds to resolve INVALID_EXTENDED_PROCESSOR_STATE Error BSOD in Windows 10. It’s expected that the error is disappeared by now if you have correctly done all these methods. If the error still exists, don’t lose hope. We can have one more chance to resolve this annoying issue forever. As a definite hope, Clean Reinstallation to Windows comes at the top though it is a little hectic and professional task.
Once you have come to a decision to perform “Reinstallation of Windows 10”, save a backup for all the necessary files in a folder and take it out in USB. If you are not well competent to do this task, seek help from skilled ones. Hopefully, if everything is done with the utmost care, there will be no more errors and issues in the device afterward.