RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and improve PC performance
How to Add Email Accounts to Windows 8 Mail App – Windows 8 beta version offers a lot to its On-net or Off-net users. If you want to configureÂ Gmail account or Hotmail account in the email client tool then follow the given tips.
There are two methods to configureÂ GmailÂ account online in Windows 8
How to Add Email Accounts to Windows 8 Mail App
- Start the machine and keypunchÂ Win key in order to launch Metro apps screen.
- Click theÂ Mail app link at theÂ top.
- Account SettingÂ dialog box, click theÂ Account button located at the left bottom corner and choose theÂ Google button.
- Type Gmail user Id and Password and click on Connect button.
- Now Gmail Account has been configured and you can access Gmail accountÂ automatically inÂ Windows 8 email apps.
You can also configure Gmail account in Windows 8 from the CharmsÂ bar settings.
- HitÂ Windows key + CÂ jointly to bring out theÂ Charms bar settings and tap on theÂ Settings button.
- Click/tap onÂ AccountÂ link which is the first choice situated in the Mail pane.
- Promptly theÂ AccountsÂ window comes to view, here click on the link – Add an account.
- Now reach for the username and password pop up. From here, you can create your GmailÂ account asÂ usual.
How to Configure Email account in Windows 8 Mail App
If you want to add Hotmail account online in Windows 8 at first, you have to open a browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
- Signing in is the initial task you need to perform.
- ClickÂ on theÂ Options menu located in the top right pane.
- Now click/tap on theÂ More optionsÂ at the bottom of the drop down.
- A new page opens up titled asÂ Managing Your Account.
- Click the choice at the second position sayingÂ Sending/Receiving Email from Other Accounts.
- In a new window that is opened, choose to Add an Email Account and type your Hotmail account ID and Password.
- Then again a new window open and it asks to set output location of the incoming and outgoing email message in either another folder or in the default Inbox tab.
- Select the Inbox choiceÂ and hit theÂ Save button.
- A confirmation email to ensure the account is added by you will be dispatched to your Hotmail account.
- Check your mailbox and click the link sent to you in order to verify it.
- After locating Metro Screen Mail app,Â you can navigate to the Hotmail and utilize it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors