Windows 10 1809 version has received security update KB4549949 just now. The patch includes a solitary improvement and a known issue as well. Furthermore, an announcement has been made that this version will delay the scheduled end of service date to November 10, 2020.
This package will take Windows 10 1909 to 17763.1158. You will receive KB4549949 Windows 10 1909 automatically. If the update is not installed follow the method given in the lower part of the post.
KB4549949 Windows 10 1809 17763.1158 Update Changelog
Let’s see the changes in the patch Tuesday, April 2020 release –
- When Windows will execute basic operations the Cumulative Updates boost security on the system.
- Also, the rollout will improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- The updates will ensure storing and managing files.
Improvements and fixes
The Improvements and fixes of KB4549949 Windows 10 1809 17763.1158 Update are following –
- Cumulative patch addresses the apps that published using a Group Policy Object cannot be installed.
- As usual, this package includes Security updates to “Microsoft JET Database Engine”, “Windows Update Stack”, “Microsoft Scripting Engine”, “Windows Fundamentals”, “Windows Kernel”, “Windows App Platform and Frameworks”, “Windows Media”, “Windows Shell”, “Windows Management”, “Windows Cloud Infrastructure”, “Microsoft Graphics Component”, “Windows Virtualization”, “Windows Core Networking”, and “Windows Storage and Filesystems”.
KB4549949Â Known issuesSymptomWorkaroundThe devices which have installed Asian language packs may encounter 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND error note after obtaining KB4493509.Â Remove and then re-install the language packs you have grabbed recently. You can follow – How to Reinstall Windows 10 Language Pack for the same.
Go to Settings => Update & Security => Windows update and click Check for Updates and install the April 2020 Cumulative Update.
Important – In case, reinstallation of the language pack does not mitigate the problem, reset your PC –
Redmondians are working on a permanent resolution and will send an update in an upcoming release.How to install KB4549949 Windows 10 1809 17763.1158 Update
Before installing this update
A firm suggestion has been opined by Microsoft to install the latest SSU before receiving this security patch. You will receive a Servicing stack update KB4549947 automatically in this regard.
You are able to install KB4549949 update in 2 ways –
Using Windows update
Manually from Microsoft update catalog
Source – Release note.