LosslessCut is a simple, cross platform video editor for lossless trimming / cutting of videos. Great for rough processing of large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. Lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard GB of data without losing quality. It doesn't do any decoding / encoding and is therefore extremely fast. Also allows for taking JPEG snapshots of the video at the selected time. Also supports lossless cutting in the most common audio formats.
Since LosslessCut is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9 For more information about supported formats / codecs, see https://www.chromium.org/audio-video.
LosslessCut 3.29.0 changelog:
- Fix keybinding issue
- Implement simple file and track metadata editor #496
- improvements to export confirm
- add lang column to tracks #514
- Improvements for files without a valid duration
- Fix reorder segments logic #421
- Load timecode offset from file #506
- Allow disable deletion of merged segments #480
- Add removable media snap permission (Linux) #410
- Allow turn off export confirm dialog #512
- Add pbf import #421
- option to write segment labels as chapters #318
- improve track screen