LosslessCut is a simple, cross platform video editor for lossless trimming / cutting of videos. Great for rough processing of large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. Lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard GB of data without losing quality. It doesn't do any decoding / encoding and is therefore extremely fast. Also allows for taking JPEG snapshots of the video at the selected time. Also supports lossless cutting in the most common audio formats.
Since LosslessCut is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9 For more information about supported formats / codecs, see https://www.chromium.org/audio-video.
LosslessCut 3.31.1 changelog:
- Improved trash dialog
- "Out of space" error #328
- make mouse wheel scroll work also when the cursor is over the video too
- Custom file name templates #96
- make undo/redo work for input elements #610 (but segment undo/redo now doesn't work from menu)
- improvements and bugfixes
- add keyboard seek acceleration #604
- add keyboard seek speed tuner #553