Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and contains many additional features and bug fixes. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus several additional fixes and improvements. And most importantly, it includes the very latest version of LAV Filters!
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema 1.9.8 release notes:
Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-75-gb1db4
Updated MediaInfo DLL to 20.09
- Duplicate hotkeys are now highlighted
- Added support for using Ctrl/Alt/Shift modifiers for mouse actions
- Added new default mouse action for seeking through video: Ctrl + Mouse wheel
- You can customize hotkeys and mouse actions here: Options > Player > Keys
- Improved parsing of (local) M3U playlist files
- Streaming HLS M3U playlists are handled directly by LAV Splitter
- Added new menu entry for changing playback speed: Menu > Play > Playback rate
- Subtitle search on OpenSubtitles now also searches by file name if no match was found for file hash
- Improved DVD region code bypass
- "Launch files in fullscreen" option now only engages fullscreen for video files
- Improved display of URLs in titlebar
- Very long entries in recent file list are now shortened for better menu display
- Added advanced options for displaying the current audio and subtitle language in statusbar
- Improved support for external WebVTT subtitles
- Fixed DVD playback speed and menu issues with internal audio renderer
- Fixed issue where file could still be in use after closing it
- Fixed subtitle search on Podnapisi for Portuguese Brazil language (language code "pob")
- Fixed rare issue with subtitle queue that could cause flickering/blinking subtitles
- Fixed potential crash when taking screenshots with subtitles included
- Fixed issue where clicking on seekbar could trigger two identical seek actions
- A few other small fixes and improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware