Today is Patch Tuesday, meaning that all supported versions of Windows got updated. That includes the latest update, Windows 10 version 2004, and that means that 20H2 in the Beta channel is getting an update as well.
Remember, 20H2 works exactly the same way that Windows 10 version 1909 works. It gets the exact same KB updates as its predecessor, and the build number is one higher. The only difference is an enablement package.
Microsoft announced the new build in the Beta channel today, and it's KB4565503. Obviously, it has pretty much the same changelog as the update for the May 2020 Update. Here's what got fixed:
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from using PowerShell to change the system locale on Server Core platforms.
- We fixed an issue that might cause certain games and applications to have visual distortion when resizing in windowed mode or switching from full screen to window mode.
- We fixed an issue that causes lsass.exe to fail with the following error message, “A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted.”
- We fixed an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from connecting to OneDrive using the OneDrive app. This issue occurs on some older devices or on devices that have older apps, which use legacy file system filter drivers. As a result, this might prevent these devices from downloading new files or opening previously synced or downloaded files.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Microsoft Store, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
You can grab today's update through Windows Update, or it will be installed automatically. In fact, since this is actually a production update that's available to Insiders, you can download it from the Update Catalog as well.