mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.62 changelog:
- Updated colors dialog, control+K dialog, and /color command to support color indexes 16 to 98.
- Changed how Control+Break key is handled so that it only works when mIRC is the active application.
- Added a "Do Not Disturb" option that allows you to temporarily disable all notifications.
- Added on CHAR event that returns translated keyboard presses.
- Updated libraries OpenSSL to v1.1.1f, LibZip to v1.6.1, and PCRE to v8.44.
- Extended $bfind() to support regex searches.
- Extended $regml()/$regmlex() to save result to a &binvar.
- Added highlight dialog item that allows you to specify the channels and/or nicks to which the highlight applies.
- Reverted change to $cnick() so that it returns default values for non-existent nicks.
- Fixed "Mark As Read" menu item not resetting flash/hilight correctly.
- For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware