Media Player Classic – BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic – BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
MPC-BE 1.5.6 changelog:
- WIC is now used for imaging instead of GDI +.
- Fixed saving thumbnails for video files whose video tracks are noticeably shorter than audio tracks.
- External interface change files (toolbar.png, gpu.png, flybar.png) can now only be in PNG format.
- Added the ability to upload logo and covers in HEIF and WebP format.
- Reduce the size of large images when viewed in the "Logo" settings panel.
- The window size limits the size of the desktop when the player is started and at the beginning of playback.
- Fixed leaking GDI objects when using a playlist.
- Reworked mouse settings. Added the "Mouse" settings panel.
- Added the ability to set the Ctrl, Shift and "Right button" modifiers for some mouse actions.
- The "Previous" and "Next" control buttons are supplemented with the "Previous file" and "Next file" actions when the right mouse button is pressed.
- Optimized primary rendering of the main window for Windows 7, 8, 8.1.
- Fixed the state of the "GPU" indicator after closing a file.
- Optimized rendering of playlist items.
- Added "Repeat A-B" functionality.
- Added the ability to assign a hotkey to open a folder.
- Working with settings has been slightly optimized.
- Optimized text output in the "Information", "Statistics" fields and the status line.
- Improved OSD functionality when displaying permanent messages.
- Fixed various issues for exclusive full screen.
- Optimized Seek Bar output for an exclusive full screen.
- Added the ability to assign a hotkey for calling the "After playback" menu.
- Improved work on multiple displays and different DPI systems.
- Rotation and Flip commands have been added to the "Pan & Scan" submenu.
- Added the ability to add all media files in a folder when adding one file.
- Toolbar, flybar, taskbar buttons and other graphics are now in SVG format (thanks to Ivan Shatsky). Improved display of interface elements on large Windows scales. Added the ability to load external toolbar.svg and flybar.svg.
- Fixed display of chapters in the search bar for some DVD-Videos.
- Various fixes in the player interface. [full release notes]