Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.1.6 fixes:
- Fix NUL file-corruption issue after system shutting down brutally. (Fix #6133)
- Fix session lost issue after MS update restarting Windows. (Fix #10402)
- Make Markdown UDL work in every dark theme. (Fix #10593)
- Fix file can be marked as saved even it’s been deleted outside. (Fix #10401)
- Fix status bar text display glitchy in dark mode. (Fix #10564)
- Fix white flash on Notepad++ startup in dark mode issue. (Fix #10601)
- Fix docked window sizing direction problem in RTL mode. (Fix #10536)
- Fix floating panel movement issue in RTL mode. (Fix #10579)
- Fix Print GUI bug in Preferences dialog. (Fix #10552)