Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Paint.NET 4.3.1 changelog:
- Fixed an issue with using Explorer's "Open With" menu on Windows 7, 8.1, and some editions of Windows 10
- Fixed image thumbnails in Explorer's Details View only having a generic document icon instead of the Paint.NET icon
- Fixed a spurious, harmless error in Settings -> Plugin Errors
- Fixed a race condition that could cause a crash
- Fixed not being able to use Ctrl+C to copy text from the Setup Downloader, which is especially important for troubleshooting