PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving – view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion…).
PeaZip 7.2.2 release notes:
- PeaZip 7.2.2 is a maintenance release with fixes and updated translations.
7.2.x line improves archive creation procedure, saving settings for file spanning, dictionary, word, passes, and block size.
- Current compression settings defined in the GUI can be saved into custom compression settings files, and default compression presets can be customized / replaced.
- ZPAQ support was improved optimizing compression, and enabling AES256 encryption, restore to absolute paths, and extraction of all versions of files contained in the archive.
- Alongside many other improvements and fixes, it is now possible to automatically close PeaZip when task completes, directly send files to encrypted 7z archive from context menu, save file hash and information, and to display SMART disk health data.
- A total of 193 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware