PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving – view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion…).
PeaZip 7.3.1 release notes:
- PeaZip 7.3.1 updates Zstd backed to 1.4.5, and p7zip modules for Linux, improves theming, and introduces various fixes and improvements.
- 7.3 line open by default archives containing non-blocking errors, and adds BLAKE2S and BLAKE2B hash functions.
- Archive date/time can be optionally set equal to most recent file in archive, confirmation for deletion can be optionally skipped, new 7z fast and 7z fastest presets were added, and both Brotli and Zstandard can now be set to enhance compression using more memory (see fast compression benchmark page).
- PeaZip for Windows is now supported from winget package manager, and is available as MSIX app package.
- PeaZip for Linux is now available as DEB and RPM for generic x86-64 systems.
- A total of 197 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip, including .zstd compressed containers in new RPM files.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware