PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving – view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion…).
PeaZip 7.4.1 release notes:
- PeaZip 7.4.1 introduces GUI refresh and improves working with 7Z, ARC, PEA, RAR, and ZIPX archive types.
- It is now possible to use new fast compression algorithms in 7Z format: Brotli, Fast-LZMA2, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, and Zstandard are now available, providing faster-than-Deflate compression with better speed-to-compression-ratio efficiency.
- PEA now supports multiple cascade encryption, i.e. AES+Twofish+Serpent, each 256 bit in EAX mode.
- RAR archives are now fully read-write supported from PeaZip if Rar.exe is featured in the system: it is possible to update, edit, rename, and delete files in existing RAR archives, and more RAR-specific options are supported (set comment, lock archive, header encryption, set recovery records percentage).
- ZIPX archives can now be edited, and it is possible to optionally use .zipx extension when creating non-Deflate compressed .zip archives.
- It is now possible to repair ARC and RAR files, and even to attempt recovery if the archive cannot be opened for browsing.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware