PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving – view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion…).
PeaZip 8.0.0 release notes:
- PeaZip 8.0.0 introduces many under the hood updates, improving how container type files are managed for browsing and conversion, improving use of TAR format, allowing to create scripts requiring interactively typing password, improving search, preview functions, random password generation.
- GUI was updated with new style menu and icons in status bar to make easier to change look&feel on the fly – i.e. switch from list to viewer mode for previewing images.
- It is now possible to customize the default action PeaZip will take opening an associated file type – open (as usual) or directly extract it.
- PEA is updated to 1.01 version, which improves capabilities to run in background and interact with other applications.
- On Windows systems, makecab.exe can now be easily used from PeaZip, as pre-set available in Advanced tab of custom archive type screen.
- A total of 218 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip, with addition of .xappx format, and various Open Packaging Conventions filetypes (.3mf, .vsdx, .mmzx, .aasx, .slx, .scdoc).