ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in ScreenToGif 2.27.1:
- Updated the Korean, Russian, Hungarian, French, Dutch, and Chinese (Simplified) translations.
- Using non-supported shortcut keys (Shift + [non-function key] or just [non-function key]) as the recorder shortcuts (record, pause, stop) was crashing the app.
- The 'interaction' capture frequency was not working with clicks on fullscreen mode.
- After opening and closing the options window while on fullscreen mode, the recorder was displaying the guidelines.
- The 'Pause' button on the taskbar preview was using the 'Stop' icon (also, two Stop buttons were being displayed).
- The window icons (minimize and close) were not being updated to match the selected theme (dark vs light).
- The updater window was clipping outside of the screen (when the text inside was too big).
- The screen recorders were not working on Windows 7.
- Some texts were not translatable.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware