ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
ScreenToGif 2.33.1 fixes:
- The option to change the editor's background based on the system's theme was not working properly (it was behaving as if it was always enabled).
- When stopping a recording by using a keyboard shortcut, the confirmation dialog to delete the previous project was not getting focus (thanks to @pawlos).
- When minimizing the new recorder UI by left clicking the system's tray icon, the region selection was not minimizing along.
- The editor window was not appearing on the correct screen after closing and opening again (when maximized).