ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
ScreenToGif 2.34 fixes:
- The frame navigation using keyboard arrows and home/end buttons was not working.
- If you loaded two editors with a project, the frame list of the first one was being overwritten.
- The keyboard navigation of the screen recorder (newer or older variants) was out of order (@pawlos).
- Some shortcut key were not working for the screen recorder actions (@pawlos).
- Disabled Gifski on x86, since it's unsupported (@MaledongGit).
- Added progress info when processing frames at start and made it possible to cancel during a task (@pawlos).
- The option to cancel a frame altering process was not appearing if the editor already loaded something before.
- The text displayed at startup when an update was available was not being updated when the application language had changed.