The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
What's new in SeaMonkey 2.53.8:
- Serious performance improvements and bug fixes tracked in bug 1633339 and bug 1711050.
- Language attributes with country codes not recognized when building the Website Navigation Bar link toolbar bug 134436 and bug 1709443.
- Optimize SeaMonkey icons for speed and optional higher quality for branding bug 1362210 and bug 1699322.
- Support from= option when opening email compose window from the command line bug 1628671.
- Update subject handling and GenericSendMessage function in compose window bug 1693994.
- All message windows should update when view preferences are changed bug 1694765.
- Improve marking of multiple messages as read / unread bug 1700530.
- Show version numbers again in the add-on manager by the partial backout of bug 1161183.
- Update available networks in chatZilla (including adding libera.chat)bug 1704392 and bug 1712505.
- Change default port for IRC via TLS/SSL to 6697 bug 1704280.
- Remove chatZilla and Lightning extension language packs and incorpate localisations within the main language pack bug 1604663.
- Fix address drag and drop handling in compose window bug 1712002 and bug 1712227.
- Further fixes for legacy generators and the deprecated for each statement in add-ons and the Add-on SDK bug 1702903.
- For developers, fork DOMi repo into main SeaMonkey one which means no need to separately checkout the extension bug 1700003. [full release notes]