Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 91.1.1:
- Menu item for disabling subject encryption for a single message added
- Printing messages that are not currently displayed is no longer supported, including printing multiple messages at once
- Buttons on compose window dialogs did not have a visual indication of focus
- Dropdown fields in message compose window were unreadable on Windows 7 with a dark theme
- Multiple bulk mail notification warnings were displayed
- Enabled/Disabled state of message filters did not persist as expected
- Printing a message did not print a list of its attachments
- Images attached from a web page were not sent as expected
- OpenPGP public key was attached multiple times when forwading a message
- Windows tray icon disappeared if Thunderbird was started by a shortcut with "Run" set to "Minimized"
- Windows tray message count badge displayed the "unread" count instead of the "new" message count
- Some downstream Thunderbird builds were incorrectly checking addons for a signature, causing all addons to be disabled
- Addressbooks set up with autoconfig showed no search results
- Various CardDAV setup and auto-detection fixes
- Dates (such as birthday) stored in contacts may display the wrong date; a one-time manual fix may be needed for dates that are incorrect.
- Attached VCards displayed as plain text when an email was HTML formatted
- Mailing list names with non-ASCII characters incorrectly displayed with an error
- LDAP directories were not searched for matches when adding recipients to an email
- Clicking "Connect to an LDAP address book" in account setup opened CardDAV setup dialog
- LDAP address books using Kerberos/GSS-API authentication did not authenticate
- LDAP search queries containing non-ASCII characters produced no results
- IRC server connections did not automatically retry after a timeout
- Calendar event editor did not honor mail.spellcheck.inline
Download: Thunderbird 91.1.1 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 91.1.1 for Linux (EN/US) | 65.2 MB
Download: Thunderbird 91.1.1 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 119.0 MB
Download: Thunderbird 91.1.1 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes | Screenshot