TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
What makes TinyWall special?
TinyWall includes a combination of features that sets it apart from both commercial and freeware firewalls.
- TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
- TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
- TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behaviour when you're at home, at work or in the public.
- TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
- TinyWall uses Windows' own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Automatic learning mode
- Firewall tampering protection
- Password lockdown of settings
- Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode
- Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
- Port and domain blocklists
- Hosts file protection
- Option to always allow communication within LAN
- Option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Recognition of safe software and impostors
- Full IPv6 support
- List established and blocked connections
- View open ports on your machine
- 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no paid upgrades.
TinyWall 3.0.5 changelog:
- Restore compatibility with 32-bit (x86) Windows systems
- Remember user-set column widths in lists
- Keep application list selection and scroll-position after modifications
- Reduced system load of traffic rate monitor
- New and performance-optimized firewall rule application
- Fix not all changes are detected when a network adapter is reconfigured
- Fix rules for Windows services may get ignored due to wrong SID translation
- Fix incomplete deserialization of DHCP profile
- Fix tooltip rule edit not saving correctly
- Fix two rules merged incorrectly if one of them was Unrestricted
- Fix "Ask for exception details" not always taken into account
- Fix UI text contents in Connections window (column headers, and 2 -> 5 mins)
- Fix WMI leak while monitoring sub-processes
- Increase traffic rate update interval to 2 seconds
- Only enable sub-process monitoring if necessary for active rules
- Optimized sub-process monitoring when enabled
- Rework inter-process pipe communication
- Update old WhatsNew and FAQ in installer
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese and Russian localizations
- Introduce logging in installer routines
- Collect all logs to "logs" folder
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware