Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 9.0.5 release notes:
- Update Firefox to 68.5.0esr
- Bump NoScript to 11.0.13
- Bug 32053: Fix LLVM reproducibility issues
- Bug 32255: Missing ORIGIN header breaks CORS
- Bug 32891: Add new default bridges
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Bump Tor to 0.4.2.6
- Bug 32132: Re-enable jemalloc for Windows users
- Bug 32739: Bump clang to 8.0.1
- Bug 33200: Fix permissions on bookmarks.html