Microsoft today announced what's in store for Xbox Game Pass subscribers in the next week or so as the company expands the service's game offerings. It is another packed selection which includes an Xbox Game Studios title as well as several other day-one releases of new games.
The Xbox first-party studio Double Fine is readying up Psychonauts 2 for launch on August 25, and Xbox Game Pass subscribers are getting in at launch. Also arriving as day-one launches to the service are Amplitude Studios's 4X game Humankind, the Annapurna-published time loop adventure Twelve Minutes, as well as the indie metroidvania hacking adventure Recompile.
Here's everything announced today:
- Humankind (PC) – Available Today
- Need for Speed Heat (Cloud) EA Play – Available Today
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Cloud) EA Play – Available Today
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Cloud) EA Play – Available Today
- Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 19
- Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 19
- Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 19
- Psychonauts 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 25
- Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 26
While not a part of this or the previous announcement, Boyfriend Dungeon and Library of Ruina also arrived to Xbox Game Pass last week for PC, console, and cloud.
Meanwhile, Xbox Touch Controls support has reached 10 more games for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cloud play users. Here's the full list of newly supported titles:
- Farming Simulator 19
- Going Under
- Need for Speed Heat (EA Play)
- Peggle 2 (EA Play)
- Wasteland 2
- Wasteland 3
- Wasteland Remastered
As for what games are leaving the service soon, Blair Witch, Double Kick Heroes, NBA 2K21, and Stranger Things 3: The Game will leave Xbox Game Pass on August 31.
Keep in mind that Microsoft will be holding a dedicated gamescom 2021 presentation next week, and alongside new looks at its upcoming games, the company has said to expect more Xbox Game Pass announcements at the show.