VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
Changes between 3.0.10 and 3.0.11:
- rtp descriptor leak on error fix
- Fixed regression with some encrypted HLS streams
- Live HLS delay until first update fix
- HLS rendition switch regression fix
- Fix imprecise m4a seek
- Fixed missing captions with some capture cards
- soxr resampling fixes
- Updated libfaad to 2.9.2 (Parametric Stereo regression)
- Updated libarchive to 3.4.2
- Fixed moving video window with mouse
- Fixed UI issue showing "permissions warning" unnecessarily often
- Fixed stack buffer overflow listing bluray mount points
- Fixed potential crashes at startup
- Fix sound not coming back after a pause with CoreAudio (macOS/iOS)
- Update Youtube script
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware