VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
Changes between 3.0.11 and 3.0.12:
- Add new RIST access module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
- Add new RIST access output module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
- Fixed adaptive's handling of resolution settings
- Fix audio distortion on macOS during start of playback
- Direct3D11: Fix some potential crashes when using video filters
- Add native support for Apple Silicon / ARM-64
- Visual UI adaptations for macOS Big Sur
- Fix displaying EQ bands in the UI depending on which frequency presets are set for the EQ in advanced preferences
- Fix UI issues in bookmarks window
- Several fixes in the web interface, including privacy and security improvements
- Update YouTube and Vocaroo scripts