WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected – For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system – Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) – All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports… all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently – Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files – Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore – The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2021 21.5 changelog:
Processing RSS/Atom feeds: Performance improvements
Processing large sitemap files: Huge performance improvements
More formats of sitemap files supported
Update on keywords: Searching for whole words improved
Improvements when restoring the previous version of a page
Creating Watch filters: smaller improvements
Starting WebSite-Watcher could take a very long time under certain circumstances
Check technology Chromium/Browser improved
Chromium Check Macros improved: More steps can be recorded
Highlighting changes in large pages improved (will also abort with a timeout if processing takes far too long)
Bookmark checks with Chromium/Browser: Improved detection and handling of certificate errors
Improved high dpi support
Fixed a possible crash when quickly opening/closing browser tabs
Smaller fixes and improvements