Here is the weekly rollout from Microsoft. They have come up with another set of fixes with Windows 10 Build 20251 and without any new feature. You know now the builds are in a new branch FE_RELEASE so with this one.
You can easily get the insider build through windows update settings so nothing to say about (4 Ways to Update Windows 10). Let’s see fixes and known issues directly –
Windows 10 Build 20251 is Available in Dev Channel
Here is the changelog –
Windows 10 Build 20251Known issues
- Microsoft developers for Windows insider are trying to fix a problem starting with Build 20236. The issue occurs during installing games from the Microsoft Store to a secondary non-OS drive. Subsequently, the secondary drive becomes inaccessible. As a workaround, you will have to alter the default storage for new content and set it to the secondary drive before starting to install the game. For this, go to Settings > Storage > and use Change where new content is saved.
- They are analyzing the reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Till now, Live previews for pinned sites haven’t been enabled for all. Therefore, you may notice a grey window when you hover over the thumbnail in the taskbar. They are continuously working on polishing this experience.
- Also, they are working to facilitate the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. However, As of now, you can unpin the website from the taskbar simply by removing it from edge://apps, and then re-pinning.
- They are working on a fix for an issue causing some devices to experience a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bugcheck.
- ARM PCs users such as the Surface Pro X will encounter PowerShell failing to launch issue on this build. Use Windows PowerShell (x86) or Windows PowerShell ISE (x86) as an alternative by opening from the Start menu. Moreover, you can download the PowerShell 7 which takes advantage of ARM by running natively. Plus the icon is prettier.
- The experts are reviewing the reports about error 0x80070426 that occurs when using their Microsoft account to sign in to various apps. If you experience the same, rebooting your PC may resolve this.
The next webcast for Insiders is starting from 18 November at 6 PM and the topics will be disk management.
Download links for SDK build
See the flight hub.