WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.19 is a major application update. New features and enhancements include:
- A complete list of files that are part of a background transfer can be shown.
- Support for PPK version 3 keys from PuTTY 0.75.
- Stream interface in .NET assembly.
- With SFTP protocol files can be streamed to stdout and from stdin in scripting.
- Support SHA-256 fingerprints of TLS/SSL certificates.
- Extension Synchronize with another remote server.
- Improved FTP support for VMS servers (and potentially for other non-Unix-like systems).
- Compatibility with Google Cloud Storage when using S3 protocol to access the buckets.