WizFile is a very rapid file search utility. Search for files on your hard drive by name and get the results almost instantly. The entire file system can be quickly sorted by name, size or date. WizFile supports all types of hard drives, hard drive folders and network shares.
- Find files by name on your hard drives almost instantly
- VERY Fast scanning! WizFile reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives so it's ready for use very quickly after start up.
- Search by file name or full path name
- Multiple search terms supported
- Wild card file search (* and ? wild cards supported)
- User defined filters
- Monitors for file changes while active – your visible file search results will always be up to date
- Keeps track of folder sizes – any changes made to the file system will automatically update the folder sizes
- Does not require a separate database file – all file data is kept in memory
WizFile 3.00 changelog:
- added 2 new predefined filter dropdowns – one for size and one for file modified date. These can be customised by the user.
- added file size, allocated size and modified date filter support.
- Use operators "=", ">", ">=", "=1gb >=today-30
- Place the search item in quotes to force a file name search.
- e.g. to find file names that contain "=0" instead of displaying files with zero size:
- new "not" operator. Start the search expression with an exclamation mark (!) to find files that don't match the expression.
- e.g. to find files that don't contain "windows":
- e.g. to find all files that contain "music" but are not of type mp3:
- music !*.mp3
- e.g. to find files that are between 1 and 100 bytes in size, but not 50: